Twilight: like it ir not?

Nadai

I don't want to start a war on the forum, but I'm just curious what you all thought of Twilight, the book and the movie. I myself haven't seen the movies, but I have all four books; I didn't much care for them. I thought the books were poorly written, but the Vampire/Warewolf feud was a good idea, obviously, because it caught like wildfire. I don't much see why they were such a hit or why everyone seems to be obsessed with the Twilight phenomenon, they are referenced in everything.

What do you think? Like it or not?

cherub

Being a non-reader of fiction, I thought the books were well written for people like me. I am a person who would rather watch a movie than read, but this really sucked me in. My daughter, who is an avid reader, didn't care for them either so there must be something to it.

greekgoddess31

I absolutely love this series. I must admit that I had to see Twilight the movie before I understood the pull of the books but I spent 2 full weeks devoted to reading the entire series and I couldn't put them down. I have seen all the movies and I am anxiously awaiting the last 2.

Katie

Eh, they're alright for me... a bit too cheesy for my taste. I tried to read the books but I only got up to the first chapter of New Moon, then after that I gave up. I find it funny how different the Twampires are compared to how they are originally viewed. I also find Bella to be extremely annoying and probably the biggest anti-feminist character in any book I've read. I'm still thinking whether or not I should give it a second chance, but the moment I read "he is like a forgotten roman god of love and beauty" I just couldn't take it seriously anymore...

Nadai

Eh, they're alright for me... a bit too cheesy for my taste. I tried to read the books but I only got up to the first chapter of New Moon, then after that I gave up. I find it funny how different the Twampires are compared to how they are originally viewed. I also find Bella to be extremely annoying and probably the biggest anti-feminist character in any book I've read. I'm still thinking whether or not I should give it a second chance, but the moment I read "he is like a forgotten roman god of love and beauty" I just couldn't take it seriously anymore...
I agree wholeheartedly; Bella does make me want to slap her sometimes.

Myrddin

Being a non-reader of fiction, I thought the books were well written for people like me. I am a person who would rather watch a movie than read, but this really sucked me in. My daughter, who is an avid reader, didn't care for them either so there must be something to it.
Is that an intended pun? Just curious.

Ronnie

No, but of course my daughters have posters, books, graphics on their computers plus clothing with images of *sigh* Jacob and Edward. It's just one of those teen things that have gone viral. I took my daughters to the local premiere at 12 pm at our local theater and there were older people there as well. I'm just not that into that type of fiction.

I dont personally like them at all...i just hate the idea of what she's written, and the fans...ive read part of new moon, and i thought it was poor...but then again im not a fan of fiction books so much, i just think the fans are more annoying if anything...and the writers personality...

Isis

I guess I'm in the minority here but I love the books. It's true that the writing style left something to be desired but the storyline is compelling. The movies aren't as good, in my opinion. Also, don't judge the whole series by New Moon; it's by far the worst in the series.