Favorite book?

DarkFolly

Not necessarily a myth or legend-related book, just any book you enjoy and would call your favorite! :D

Mine is probably The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco. Medieval mystery set in a monastery-- it's great!

Myrddin

I have read so many books, I could not name a favourite. Right now I'm reading one called Tick Tock by Dean Koontz, which I am quite enjoying. I've read a lot of his books and enjoyed them all, particularly his Frankenstein books, Odd Thomas books, The Taking, and Watchers, which is the first one of his I ever read. Love Inspector Banks too -- Peter Robinson.

I have read Foxfire by Joyce Carol Oates more than once, though I'm not sure that necessarily defines it as a favourite. I just certainly like it.

Nadai

I really like paranormal romances; Sherrilyn Kenyon and Jacquelyn Frank are two of my favorite authors; Kenyon wrote two really great ones Acheron ad Born of Night. Some of the books I had to read in college I really enjoyed like Waldens Resistence to Civil Government, which I read with my Anarcist group, and Jean Briggs' Never in Anger. I love anything by Ovid and I love most of William Blake's works.

TheLoreman

Favourite:One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
2nd is Notre Dame by Victor Hugo
3rd Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens

RLynn

Favorite novels
1. Little, Big by John Crowley
2. The Magus by John Fowles
3. The Magic Mountain by Thomas Mann
4. Steppenwolf by Hermann Hesse

Myrddin

I recently have read, and finished, Odd Hours, the fourth of the Odd Thomas books. Am now reading book two in the Terra Incognita series -- Kevin J. Anderson.

i find Edith Hamilton's Mythology a great read. I also like Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol and Oliver Twist. Stephen King's and Ann Rice's novels too. :)

Rhonda Tharp

Favorite book(s)
1. Power of Myth by Joseph Campbell
2. Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
3. Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean Auel
4. Trickster Makes this World by Lewis Hyde
5. Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman