Do you prefer being surrounded by lots of trees or open land?

MysticSunshine

If I had a choice of where to put my home I think it would be with lots and lots of trees around me. I much prefer woods to open land. What about you? Are your a Woodsy person?

greekgoddess31

I like a place with trees but I would not want to be closed in. I think it would get a little creepy at night if it was too closed in.

Arachne

I fully agree with MysticSunshine, I could live in a dark forest all my life and think myself in heaven :)

TheLoreman

Hello.

I live in the country surrounded by lots of trees and fields. I absolutely LOVE it. I would actually prefer it if the woods were even closer to my house as I'm fair certain that the wild deer that we have in the nearby woods would actually approach the house at night. Sadly they don't as I think they're nervous of the more open areas.
The way I've always considered it is that the things that harm you in this world are people. People tend not to be in the woods and therefore i've always felt very succure where I am. My parents have a house in Spain in an area known as The Badlands (I Know cool eh? ) anyway it's a region of extreme heat and barren terrain with Mountains all around and it's absolutely incredible. The colours of the landscape change throughout the day. It's beautiful. I prefer the woods of course but all the same the dessert lands of Andalucia are awesome too.

Myrddin

I like the woods, and it would be nice to have them close by, but I'm not sure that I would want to be closed in. I think I'd like to be located at the edge of the woods, so I could still see all around me, and not worry about anything jumping out at me from the shadows, while still having a large expanse of trees to hike through at my leisure. I find that the woods can be dark and eerie at times.

magickz

That would be a toss up for me, I love both. No trees means no shade and higher bills to stay warm and cool. Trees means bugs and I am not too fond of them either.

Toni

I have to agree with Myrddin. I like both but do not want to be in the middle of the woods. At the edge is great so I can see all around. I have lived in both situations and feel totally closed in when surrounded by trees. Love 'em, just don't want to be surrounded by them.

Myrddin

I have to agree with Myrddin. I like both but do not want to be in the middle of the woods. At the edge is great so I can see all around. I have lived in both situations and feel totally closed in when surrounded by trees. Love 'em, just don't want to be surrounded by them.
Exactly. You never when something might jump out at you.:(