Votes: 12 10.5%
  • Maya mythology

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 15 13.2%

• Total voters

Kveldulfr

The Evening Wolf
I prefer Norse myself, there's just a ton to learn about it. I write a lot of short stories, and many of them center themselves around Norse myths or at least parallels to them.

Oziris

Egyptian mythology is my type becous it is very interesting.Becous of the oasis,the sun God Ra,Oziris.Oziris he has a good story he learned his people to eat and make bread by the way he is in the underworld now :D becous of his bad brother..Of cours his love revived him called Izida :)

marmalade

I chose Greek. I'm familiar with it and the Greeks formed the basis of Western civilization afterall. Plus, it was amidst Greco-Roman mythology that Christianity arose.

However, I might have chosen Hinduism if it was a choice, but that is a still living religion. Overall, I prefer the mythologies of living religions over those of dead religions.

TheFolklorist

TheFolklorist
Hebrew mythology is definitely up there for me (angels, demons, adam and eve and lilith, etc...), but what about Slavic mythology? No one has mentioned them. The Slavic people gave us some great and colorful characters like the witch Baba Yaga, the forest god Leshy, the immortal Koshchei the Deathless, not to mention vampires and werewolves!

However, I’d also have to cast a vote for the Norse myths just because that’s my heritage.

Garmr

I prefer Norse mythology, Greek and Russian shortly in toe. Don't forget to mention the story of Finist the Falcon, Folklorist. ;)

Guardia

Well, definitely Greek mythology for me!
Considering its the first ever i read, and the one that still interests me! (Others do too, for certain)

Metocles

Thracian Berserker
It's very close between Greek and Norse; but I do love Norse mythology just barely. It's interesting how much detail is given in explaining that there are 9 worlds it's outlay is very much like Greek mythology

Drizzt

Its Norse Mythology by far, love the warrior culture, and their stories are not that hard to remeber, I like greek mythology, but it has way to many stories and its very messy and unorganized, were as Norse mythology, not being that popular, is easier to understand and to gain knowledge of.

hadad2009

AcadianSidhe;822 said:
I grew up studying greek, then moved to norse. By high school, I'd branched over to Celtic, though I'm still making heads or tails of it. My current obsession is the Ancient Near East. I play with Hittite, Akkadian, and Assyrian, but Sumerian is what I love these days.
I love mesopotamian mythology the best too.

Tsukihime

I became interested in mythology when I was young because of Greek myths. Later on, I read about Norse, Egyptian, Hindu and Japanese myths and legends. Now I'm into Near Eastern myths.

Boudica

I have always felt a pull towards Celtic mythology, I don't know why but I love the stories and mystery it seems that surrounds it. I think it is fascinating how all the different areas of mythology tend to have a lot of similarities though.

Nella

I read and love Greek Mythology. I always have been amazed with it, even as a young girl. I would like to learn others though.

Sasquatch

I actually don't have a favorite. I know some of the Native American folklore because I'm Native American but I do enjoy a good story any way you say it. Folklore has been the way of preserving memories since time began. It also explains the unexplainable. When something happened that the people couldn't explain, it became folklore.

Isabelle

I really like all forms of mythology however, I took Latin for my foreign language in high school so we studied a lot of greek mythology there. It has always been my favorite probably because the teacher taught them so well.