When did you learn it?

Travis

When did you start learning and loving mythology? I grew up reading a lot of mythology books my father has and watching TV shows related to mythology. I believe I get it from my father.

Myrddin

I first started learning about mythology in high school in my grade eleven English class. It was Greek mythology, and at the time I was more like, "Enh, it's fun but not likely something I'll really get into." Obviously I was wrong. By the end of the semester, I wanted to learn more and nearly literally fell in love with the subject, and at the start of college I started to branch off into the myths of the Romans, the Norse and the Celts as well. In that same college class, I also came upon fairy tales which I love studying just as much as mythology now.
It's amazing what you can pick through school, isn't it?

Katie

Well I used to watch a lot of Hercules and it amazed me already but I took mythology seriously when we took up Iliad in my first year of college, since then I really enjoyed reading the stories about mythology :D

My love for urban legends.. well that's a different story haha!

I always used to like it when we studied about the celts and vikings in primary school, and i've always liked learning about different cultural beliefs etc, but although it sounds stupid, one of the reasons i started liking it properly was when i listened to music. I listened to this band, called Leaves Eyes, and they sing about mythology sometimes, and i liked that alot then i started to read up on it alot more =D

Nadai

I fell into mythology when I was about ten or elevn. My older sister had to read a book for one of her classes, Edith Hamilton's Mythology, but she hated it. When she finished reading it I took it up and loved it. From there I started studying the different myths. When I went to college, along with a few Anthro classes I took some classical Roman and Greek mytho classes as well.