What's new?

RLynn

Well, it has finally happened. I clicked on "What's New?" and the response was "No results found." I believe the most recent post was by Rhonda Tharpe on Feb. 17 in the Numerology thread. There is some really fascinating material there, and I, of all people, should have contributed, but I didn't. Somehow the fun seems to have gone out of participating in the forums, for some reason.

Maybe it's because "the gods are the bad guys," an expert opinion which I read on these forums some time ago. That sort of takes the spark out of selecting one's favorite god/dess and other nonsensical fun like that. I really hope that things can rejuvenate somehow. I love the old stories about gods and goddesses and monsters, always have, since before I could even read. The scholarly stuff is interesting too. Maybe there is room for both.

This must be one of the bad guys:

Attachments

Myrddin

Well, I myself am working on some short stories... I just need to get them out there, now. Any suggestions? I'm not quite sure where to submit. Magazines, of course. But what else? And/or, which ones?

E. M.

RLynn

Well, I myself am working on some short stories... I just need to get them out there, now. Any suggestions? I'm not quite sure where to submit. Magazines, of course. But what else? And/or, which ones?

E. M.
Try to find a copy of 2013 Writer's Market, maybe at a library. It gives lots of ideas on how and where to submit manuscripts according to genre, publishing experience, etc., along with addresses, etc. It has about everything you need to know about getting into print (except how to write :D ).

Myrddin

Try to find a copy of 2013 Writer's Market, maybe at a library. It gives lots of ideas on how and where to submit manuscripts according to genre, publishing experience, etc., along with addresses, etc. It has about everything you need to know about getting into print (except how to write :D ).
Thanks for the tip.

I'm perfectly fine with the writing process, I have no problems there, so that's good. :) I will look for this year's Writer's Market.

E. M.

Nadai

Well, it has finally happened. I clicked on "What's New?" and the response was "No results found." I believe the most recent post was by Rhonda Tharpe on Feb. 17 in the Numerology thread. There is some really fascinating material there, and I, of all people, should have contributed, but I didn't. Somehow the fun seems to have gone out of participating in the forums, for some reason.

Maybe it's because "the gods are the bad guys," an expert opinion which I read on these forums some time ago. That sort of takes the spark out of selecting one's favorite god/dess and other nonsensical fun like that. I really hope that things can rejuvenate somehow. I love the old stories about gods and goddesses and monsters, always have, since before I could even read. The scholarly stuff is interesting too. Maybe there is room for both.

This must be one of the bad guys:
I agree. It does feel a little like the forum has lost a bit of its spark. I'm always so busy, but it is nice being able to log onto the forum and unwind by reading about some interesting myth facts or other random topics. Personally I just don't see many interesting topics on which to comment any more and I don't always have a topic that I want to bring up. I hope the spark does come back though; I rather enjoyed the forum and I miss it.