What is your favorite tale from Greek Mythology?

Libros

I like Perseus and Medusa, but generally any story featuring Athena.

I absolutely love the section of the Iliad when Athena faces Ares on the battlefield and beats him down.

Goddess2u

I would have to say my favorite is the one about Demeter, Persephone and Hades. I have always been in awe of the seasons and love it when things start to bloom. Even as a child I think I said Persephone is back.

Olsen

Greek mythology abounds in wonderful stories. I like most of them, but I have a top three of my personal favorites:
1) the legends about the cosmogony and cosmology, involving all those primordial gods that kept giving birth to other gods/goddesses, to titans and cyclops, leading to a large family tree;
2) the legend of Heracles and his 12 deeds;
3) the story of Jason and the Argonauts.

TheLoreman

Great topic.
There are so many and often my favourites are determined by a particular mood. However the ones that endure are the story of Prometheus and Sisyphus. I love those. In terms of the hero figures I like Odysseus.

Myrddin

I'm not sure I could name a favourite, though I do like the story of the golden apple which leads up to the Trojan War, or the Iliad. My favourite hero story is definitely Perseus going after the Medusa, though I do like Theseus facing the Minotaur as well. Oedipus is a fun one to read as well.

EyeofZeus

I agree the golden apple is great. I'm actually telling the story of Perseus to a bunch of 7th grade kids tomorrow. Its amazing what insight they bring to myths sometimes

ApolloPriestess

Eros and Psyche hands down. Then again I also love Hades and Persephone, Ares and Aphrodite (all the love stories really) Artemis and Acteon etc. etc. I could go on and on lol