What frightens you the most?

Myrddin

Unlike wild animals, I believe that humans can be truly malevolent. They can hurt someone just for the perverse pleasure of doing so, while the violence of animals is motivated by survival or self-preservation (self-defense, food gathering, protection of offspring, etc.).
Yes, humans are the most wretched animals in the whole of the animal kingdom. And with such wretched people walking amongst us, passing as ordinary even pleasurable people, trust becomes an issue, because then we don't know who to trust. Eg. Is that nice old man over there really who he appears to be, or is really a psychotic killer?!

Myrddin

It's not just the fear from humans doing harm, but the fear of potential harm to come, whether the human is actually threatening, or just some one you fear a threat from.
Maybe the greatest fear comes from our own imagination?
And from that fear of a threat comes paranoia (a feeling restricted to humans). Imagination is a great tool to possess, but it also comes with a price; for the overactive imagination may conjure up the most terrible possibilities, and could cause one to act on the belief that that possibility could in fact be an actuality (which brings us back around to the fear of a threat) -- and then, with the need to come out on top, one could act rashly, i.e. convincing oneself that the only way to stay alive is by killing the one they fear will kill them first.
Oh, bing! That would make paranoia a root of evil. (It just bugs me that people say money is the root of all evil. It's the root of some evil, but there are other roots as well. i.e. paranoia!)

Argus

Being locked in over night in a warehouse full of clothed manikins, all them cold unhuman eyes staring. That would give me the chills. Talk about paranoia and imagination i think id have to get in first, and run round screaming and pushing them over till there just a heap of plastic. Is that weird!!