Trueblood

magickz

It is all Trueblood's fault but I gotta say, the show is awesome. Now the bad part besides not being able to sit still for a week before the next show airs is thinking about fairies. Wouldn't it be awesome to be a fairy like Sookie?

jerri

I always watch the season all at once when I get a free HBO weekend. I love the show--didn't know she was a fairy-can't wait to see it! (those free weekends get me caught up on 4-5 different full seasons at once!)

Myrddin

How many seasons are there, currently? I have only seen the first two. Season three hasn't come my way, yet.

Myrddin

Season 3 is out on dvd. Season four is on now with only 3 more episodes left!
Okay. I guess I'll always be about two seasons behind, then. I have to wait until next year for season three to air on Space. (Unless, of course, I take it out of the library. Then I could watch it now.)

Allie-Gator

Actually, she is only part fairy. I think it was her great grandfather was a fairy and seduced her great grandmother. That means she would be 1/4 fairy. Still, the fair folk aren't as rosy as they are depicted sometimes. They have a very, very dark side unless you please them.

I am a True Blood addict. I watch every week and I've read all of the books the show is based on. I'm loving season 4 right now though I thought the fairy world was cheesy and unnecessary. I do like the way Sookie's fairy powers come out every once in a while, when she needs the most. I have a feeling they are going to be incorporated into the next episode.

magickz

I did not mean to confuse anyone about her bloodline, or I should say her fairy line. The show is great and its become one of our favorites. I can not wait to see where and how they take this show to the next level. At least I still have one show left to watch, did you guys know Syfy plans to cancel Eureka? I am so bummed over that.

Nadai

I've read all the books that are currently out and I thought they were great and I can't wait to read her next one; I believe it's meant to be the last of the series. Unfortunately it would seem that Charlaine Harris is getting bored with the Sookie Stackhouse series her most recent book was a bit lacking, I'm hoping that the next and final book will be better.
Now I have never watched TrueBlood. I've heard from some people who have read the book that the two are nothing alike and that the show isn't very good, that Sookie is ridiculously ditsy and the characters don't really match up with the book's descriptions. I've heard from others that it was better than the books. I saw the trailer for the first season and it didn't look that great to me. I want to buy the first season, but I'm apprehensive. I heard the same praise for The Twilight Saga and I thought it was AWFUL! Unfortunately I didn't find that out until I bought the $50 collection:mad:

Now I have never watched TrueBlood. I've heard from some people who have read the book that the two are nothing alike and that the show isn't very good, that Sookie is ridiculously ditsy and the characters don't really match up with the book's descriptions.
I wouldn't say that they are nothing alike. The show loosely follows the story that the books set up with many smaller differences. The main thing is that the secondary characters are given more to do. I think it's a good thing. Honestly, I found the show much more fulfilling.

Nadai

I tried to find the show on surfthechannels.com but couldn't. My sister has the first season I think, I'll look into it.

magickz

You can watch some episodes on the net but for me I prefer my large screen TV instead. I am not sure how they really go (how recent) but you can check it out on their site directly.