Thor

Artemis

Did you watch the movie, "Thor"? What do you think about it? Did it depict the true mythology as written about him and about Odin and Asgard?

greekgoddess31

I have not seen it yet, but I have a feeling it will be more Hollywood than true mythology. Unfortunately that is what usually happens.

I have not seen it yet, but I have a feeling it will be more Hollywood than true mythology. Unfortunately that is what usually happens.
I wouldn't say its more Hollywood than mythology. Id say its more marvel than mythology. Its a great film, despite the fact it obviously didn't happen. When gods and goddess's are mentioned, there characters are given the same sorts of qualities. It sort of links it into the modern world, and it is my favorite film. Obviously not everyone is gonna have the same opinion as me, but i think it was well done to be fair.

LegendofJoe

I actually did not think it was a bad flick.
It had some motifs from the mythology such as the Frost Giants being the enemies of the gods, and
the fact that there are nine worlds to the universe. But the overall story and structure had little to do
with the Norse myths.
Speaking of superhero movies I also saw X-Men First Class.
BEST...SUPERHERO...MOVIE...EVER!!!!!!

Myrddin

I actually did not think it was a bad flick.
It had some motifs from the mythology such as the Frost Giants being the enemies of the gods, and
the fact that there are nine worlds to the universe. But the overall story and structure had little to do
with the Norse myths.
Speaking of superhero movies I also saw X-Men First Class.
BEST...SUPERHERO...MOVIE...EVER!!!!!!
I really want to see that. X-Men: First Class, I mean. Maybe now that it's out on DVD, I'll have a better chance.