Sunken cities

Anyone interested in topics about sunken cities?

In Japan, divers wanting to see hammerhead sharks stumbled upon what seems like underwater ruins, with pillars and steps made of blocks. (Just can't remember the exact locations lol)

Also, there are assumptions regarding the lost continents of Mu or/and Lemuria, either of the two, they said, is found in the Pacific. Some also said/believe that the famous "Easter Island" is part of the famous lost/sunken continent.

Do you know other stories about sunken cities?

LegendofJoe

In Brittany there is the famous story of the city of Ys.
It sunk beneath the waves due to the treachery of a king's daughter.
In India, Krishna is the ruler of an island kingdome called Dwaraka.
After the death of Krishna and a civil war, it sunk beneath the waves.

Myrddin

I like to read about sunken lands. There is in fact a sunken continent in the Terra Incognita books. Long lost land of the fictional Saedrans.

yeah, it is somewhat, really interesting!
also, do you think there is a possibility that high mountains were once submerged underwater? i've read some accounts that some marine fossils are found on some mountain (dont sure if its everest or the himalayan mts,though) but isn't it weird and mysterious as well?

Isis

yeah, it is somewhat, really interesting!
also, do you think there is a possibility that high mountains were once submerged underwater? i've read some accounts that some marine fossils are found on some mountain (dont sure if its everest or the himalayan mts,though) but isn't it weird and mysterious as well?
I can see how that happened. The land must have been underwater before those particular tectonic plates collided, forcing everything to fold upward and form mountains.

Enertia

I am with Isis on the mountains and marine fossils. It is understandable that the fact of mountains once being flat is overlooked. I mean, who can even imagine something so large was once just some land? Back on the main topic, I am extremely interested in lost cities in water! It is so strange to think that a once thriving civilization is now under water. When ever I hear about these cities I can't help but think of mermaids living in the cities like The Little Mermaid.

yup, sunken cities are such interesting topics.

while browsing the net, I found info about Mu/Lemuria.

it says that Lemuria is somewhat similar to the Garden of Eden, a paradise. Author James Churchward claims that 64 million died when this paradise sank, 50 000 years ago. it is also said that the Pacific islands are the last remnants (mountain peaks, maybe) of the lost paradise. some researches are made, and researchers concluded that the submerged city of Lemuria is between Maui and Oahu.
other accounts say that the Lemurians (citizens of Lemuria) were group of seers, oracles, and people with the ability to heal. Also, when Lemuria sank, they say that the soul from this continent became the
Tibetans, Eskimos, Mayans, and the Native American. other said that the souls from Lemuria became the Atlanteans.

regarding Atlantis, I found this:
"Edgar Cayce's famous prophecies said remnants of Atlantis would be found around Bermuda, and in 1969, geometric stone formations were found near Bimini that believers said confirmed Cayce's prediction. Other proposed locations for Atlantis include Antarctica, Mexico, off the coast of England, possibly even off the coast of Cuba (see below). Writer Alan Alford makes the case that Atlantis was not an island at all, but an exploded planet."

magickz

If I did not have a serious fear of being claustrophobic and stuck in a ton of water around me, I would be game. Still though being open but caged at the same time, I would love to explore something like that.