Shaking a cold

magickz

I think the weather put more than just a damper on my spirits. I also think if I could stop sneezing enough to do my work the day would go by much quicker. Anyone with some quick tips to shake a cold in the first 24hrs?

Rhonda Tharp

If Nasonex and Zyrtec doesn't help me, I use Cold-eeze drops. It's worked for me with the last three colds. Good luck, feel better soon!

Isis

Ah, I can relate. I came down with a cold last night myself. For some reason, however, I am averse to using cold medication; I just suffer through it, so I'm afraid I can't be of much help. I hope Rhonda's suggestions help you!

RLynn

The last cold I got was over twenty years ago, and this was in a profession (teaching) in which there was daily contact with lots of people. When cold season comes around, I take echinacea and extra amounts of vitamins C and A. Maybe this is just a placebo, but even if it doesn't really boost the immune system, mind over body is a powerful thing.

Myrddin

I think the weather put more than just a damper on my spirits. I also think if I could stop sneezing enough to do my work the day would go by much quicker. Anyone with some quick tips to shake a cold in the first 24hrs?
I usually take Cold Effects, and a multi-vitamin each day when I feel a cold coming on. It doesn't always work, but more often than not, it does help.