Queen/princess of......?

paperaeroplanes

Hi all
I am new to this forum so helloo! I have come here also to learn and to pick your brains. Bit of a random request here.....I have a gorgeous horse who I affectionaly call Monkey, aka little monkey or monkey nuts :) She a gorgeous steel grey in colour with flecks of white, black legs and white/grey mane and tail. She is now 5 and I hope to compete her soon. But I need a show name for her. I was going to call her 'little monkey' but I am aware of how horses (like people) live up to their name. I dont want her to be a little monkey, I want her t be a brave, champin, a winner. I have been thinking of show names for her, maybe made up of 2 - 4 words. I thought of calling her the 'queen of hearts' or the 'queen of sheba' or 'queen bodicia' but I imagine this hs been done a lot so not original. I like mythology, names of warriors (female ones) goddesses, queens, eqyption, greek you name it I like it. I also like Orion so was thinking 'Orions princess' or something, I dont know thats where I need your help! If anyone has any ideas of what I can call her then please let me know, ideally 2-4 words, something meaning brave, beautiful, champion, warrior..... And its nice to meet you all :) (ps it doesnt have to be queen/princess of, only an idea)

Caburus

I think 'little monkey' might be tempting fate, too. But how about naming her after Hanuman, the Hindu monkey god, much revered and cherished today as a guardian. Known for his strength, devotion, perseverance and goodness, he sounds a wonderful association to bring to your horse. He was born on a full moon in April - so perhaps "Moon Princess of Hanuman" or "Moon Beams of Hanuman". Just a suggestion. Also, according to Chinese superstition, keeping a monkey in the stables wards off horse illnesses, so I hope your 'monkey' keeps healthy all her life.

paperaeroplanes

wow thats a lot of good info there thank you :) thats funny you sam moonbeam. She wwas once called india moonbeam! I dont like to call her it though unfortunately as she was named by a lady that was pretty mean to her so called her something else so we could forget her!
I am trying to think maybe of a nice name or a word that begins with m.....I would like to call her "something" prophecy
ooo they are good ideas thank you! I am still thinking....
Monkeys prophecy
Orions prophecy
Should I stay away from 'monkey' altogther do you think it will be bad luck or good?

Myrddin

Well, there's Macha, a goddess of war in Celtic-Irish mythology, and wife of the invader Nemed. Maeve, a ruthless queen of Celtic-Irish mythology; Metis, the Greek personification of wise counsel; Mimi, Australian spirits which can cause trouble when disturbed; Minerva, the Roman equivalent of of my favourite Greek goddess, Athena, personification of war and wisdom; Minia, a serpent of African mythology whose head made the sky, body is the earth, and tail the underground world; and Morgana, King Arthur's half-sister, though often depicted as evil is one of the women who ferries his body across to Avalon. Try some of these preceding Prophecy. And remind me later to enter a passage I found about Monkey/Monkey King. (It's a little late for me right now.) She sounds like a beautiful horse - remember, her name should suit her personality and temper, and overall how you see her.

paperaeroplanes

Monkey and I have had a tough time of it from the start, almost rising to achieveing like phoeni from the ashes, or like a rough diamond. I wasnt sure if there was anyone historical or mythical that had a hard start and rose to winning/being a champion/achieveing even throuhg the hardest times. ou know how some people are given things on a plate yet others work so so hard fo it, like that is what I mean (if I make sense!)
Because I will mainly do jumping I would like a good positive name, like an achiever, a champion a winner. I will find a pic of Monkey nuts fo you to see, as I say she had a bad start then we found each other! As I say fab names thank you, I'll look into them. She is completley a little monkey. But i do wonder if she is living up to her name? Would she be a good achiever winner with the name Monkey's prophecy or would she be better with something else prophecy? hmmm pics below :)

Myrddin

She's a beautiful horse. Monkey does suit her. Here is the passage I promised you:
"Monkey, or the Monkey King Sun Wu-k'ung, was said to have accompanied the famous Chinese Buddhist monk Xuanzang on his trip to India in search of the sacred sutras. Monkey was a trickster of sorts who was born miraculously from a stone egg that had been in the world since the creation. He was made King of the Monkeys and reigned for 300 years until he decided to go in search of immortality. It was the Buddhist master who taught him the path to immortality and who gave Monkey the name Wu-k'ung, meaning 'enlightened monkey.' From the master, Sun also learned how to change forms and to fly. Back home he defeated a monster and stole a magic weapon from the Dragon King, with which he beat the emissiaries from Hell who refused to believe in his immortality." From The Oxford Companion to World Mythology by David Leeming, page 267. Monkeys are generally important figures in Asian myths, as they appear in a number of their stories.

Myrddin

Monkey and I have had a tough time of it from the start, almost rising to achieveing like phoeni from the ashes, or like a rough diamond. I wasnt sure if there was anyone historical or mythical that had a hard start and rose to winning/being a champion/achieveing even throuhg the hardest times. ou know how some people are given things on a plate yet others work so so hard fo it, like that is what I mean (if I make sense!)
Because I will mainly do jumping I would like a good positive name, like an achiever, a champion a winner.
I don't know about historical or mythological, but the singer Shania Twain had a difficult time growing up, and had to work her way through a number of rough patches before she became the singing sensation that she is. Not sure if you listen to her or not, but she is amazing.:)