Mythical valleys?

Bwecht303

Hi,

Umn, I know it's an odd request - but I was wondering if any one at this site could tell me about mythical valleys, or gorges, or canyons...?

Maybe a strange question, but I've been browsing the site and the community here seems pretty knowledgeable. I'm not looking for any thing specific: valleys, vales, ravines - that sort of thing

Thank you all so much,

Brilliant

-Bwecht

Pegasus

Hi Bwecht and welcome to the forum. :) Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but one interesting fact I read about is that on the Rhine River, in the Rhine Gorge region, is the home of the mythical rock of Lorelei. It was reported that it was there that the nymphs first perched on this rock and lured sailors to their deaths. In fact, there is a statue erected there paying tribute to this myth.

Myrddin

Hi Bwecht and welcome to the forum. :) Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but one interesting fact I read about is that on the Rhine River, in the Rhine Gorge region, is the home of the mythical rock of Lorelei. It was reported that it was there that the nymphs first perched on this rock and lured sailors to their deaths. In fact, there is a statue erected there paying tribute to this myth.
They sound kind of like the sirens which tried to lure Odysseus and his men to their deaths on the rocks and/or reefs surrounding their island.