Honest abe

Talaria

I remember going to visit Springfield when I was younger to see where Abraham Lincoln lived. I remember I wandered off to the gift shop and surprise! I started reading the books. I remember reading things about Abe being into the supernatural and the dream he had that reportedly predicted his assassination. I had to look this up again because i couldn't recall the details. Heres the rumor:

Right after Lincoln was elected president he had a strange premonition. He saw a ghostly reflection of himself in a mirror, alongside a normal healthy one. Lincoln and his wife thought that this meant he wouldn't survive his second term. AND then he had a dream about his own funeral. He said in his dream he was wandering the White house but it was unbearably quiet. He walked past people dressed in funeral clothes crying. He entered the East room and found a body wrapped in funeral attire surrounded by soldiers. He asked one of the soldiers who was dead and he stared ahead and said"The President, he was killed by an assassin."
The night he went to the Ford Theatre, he informed his cabinet members that in the morning they would have important news, he told him about a reoccuring dream he kept having were he was alone on water inside of a row boat with no oars, drfting slowly along. The next morning the news of his assassination went public.

Artemis

This is a new information for me. Was it the only premonition he had? Did he have any inkling that he would become President of the United States when he was younger?

Talaria

Thats a good question! I know Abe and his wife were interested in the occult but that is the only information I remember about weird things when I read the book in the gift shop. I know that there are present sightings of his ghost in the white house. The room he slept in is used for something else...I think a guest room. We should look into it.

Rhonda Tharp

That's fascinating, didn't know that. I had read that after his favorite son died, Tad, Lincoln was seen in the graveyard holding his dead son in his arms. He had dug him up. crazy!

Talaria

I just looked that up. I never knew anything about that. It said that he missed looking at his face so he had him dug up twice....yikes! Abraham Lincoln was just such an odd fellow. I can't even imagine digging up a child after death had mutilated their body. I will try to find some more weird stuff!

DLegend

How weird! The best US president for me have lots of supernatural stories. I wonder why he didn't do something when he knows about his assassination. So what else is on the sleeves of Lincoln?

Talaria

still looking :) I know there is a lot of talk about ghosts in the white house. You should see the furniture in Lincoln's house in Springfield...i always thought it was kind of odd...but I liked it.

Dragonsbreath

Lincoln was a strange person. There were many things that he did that many didn't really want to think on. I've heard those stories about him. There is a strange parallel between him and JFK also. They share many personal traits and facts about their lives are similar too. Weird.