Have you ever had your fortune read?

Katie

Have you ever had your fortune read by a fortune teller/palm reader/tarot card reader/etc? How was it? Did it come true? How did it feel? I've always wanted to try it then I chicken out after haha.

Nadai

When I was in highschool I knew a girl who was wicken. She read my palm and showed me how to read palms. Some things she told me that I already knew, but other things she showed me I had no idea. She showed me how to read my life-line:(which didn't inspire too much happiness, but she did show my how to read my family line which showed the children that I would have...which I did:)...and my romance line:rolleyes:
What I didn't know until recently was that it speaks against palm readings and other such divinations in the Bible, calling them witchcraft. So needless to say I don't do those types of things anymore, but while I did I learned a lot about reading palms...like never read the life-line!

Myrddin

When I was in highschool I knew a girl who was wicken. She read my palm and showed me how to read palms. Some things she told me that I already knew, but other things she showed me I had no idea. She showed me how to read my life-line:(which didn't inspire too much happiness, but she did show my how to read my family line which showed the children that I would have...which I did:)...and my romance line:rolleyes:
What I didn't know until recently was that it speaks against palm readings and other such divinations in the Bible, calling them witchcraft. So needless to say I don't do those types of things anymore, but while I did I learned a lot about reading palms...like never read the life-line!
Well, you got me interested now. What did your lifeline say? Is it short?:eek:

LegendofJoe

I taught myself years ago how to read Tarot cards.
I started doing readings for fun and some thought I was pretty good.
It was only after reading some skeptical literature that I realized that what i was doing was cold reading: a technique where you
fish for information until you hit paydirt. The person then remembers more of what you got right than what you got wrong.
Add to this the ability to tap into what we all want and need, reading people's expressions and sounding authoritative,
and you can come across as pretty convincing.
I still don't think there is anything wrong with using divination to help find what is bothering a person, as long
as you don't take it too seriously. Don't think the future is written in stone. You can use the images of the cards to help
you find where you stand and what you need to change about yourself to make you happier.
Buying a pack of cards and meditating on the images is a start.

I've always wanted to be able to read Tarot cards- I've started looking at Runes recently. I almost went to a psychic fair but my parents wouldnt have let me gone since none of my friends would have wanted to go and they wouldn't take me, which was fair enough. But this does quite interest me, I'm not one for predestiny because i believe you make your own mind up, but then i do believe in fate? I'm not sure what i think of Tarot readers, I'd love to be able to go to one in the future, then id see from there. I cant really make my mind up what i think, since ive never had one done. We shall see.

RLynn

.....What I didn't know until recently was that it speaks against palm readings and other such divinations in the Bible, calling them witchcraft. So needless to say I don't do those types of things anymore, but while I did I learned a lot about reading palms...like never read the life-line!
Wow! I didn't know palm reading is specifically forbidden in the Bible. One of the most delightful and best-known stories in the Good Book is about Joseph, the son of Jacob and Rachel, who could foretell the future by dream interpretation. Wouldn't that be divination? :confused:
I read Tarot cards, but mostly for myself. Guess I'm going to hell if I don't mend my evil ways. :rolleyes: I had my palm read once (and only once). It all came true, but I'm still a bit skeptical.

Nadai

Wow! I didn't know palm reading is specifically forbidden in the Bible. One of the most delightful and best-known stories in the Good Book is about Joseph, the son of Jacob and Rachel, who could foretell the future by dream interpretation. Wouldn't that be divination? :confused:
I read Tarot cards, but mostly for myself. Guess I'm going to hell if I don't mend my evil ways. :rolleyes: I had my palm read once (and only once). It all came true, but I'm still a bit skeptical.
Apparently if it's a gift from God and you pray to God and askhim what your dreams mean it's okay, but if you tap into any power besides God's it's considered witchcraft...according to Him.

Myrddin

Apparently if it's a gift from God and you pray to God and askhim what your dreams mean it's okay, but if you tap into any power besides God's it's considered witchcraft...according to Him.
Correction: According to the Bible. And where does all Earth's magic come from anyways? Not all spells are evil, therefore, not all of it can be Satanic. And if just some of Earth's magic is not Satanic, then where does that magic come from?

LegendofJoe

I've always wanted to be able to read Tarot cards- I've started looking at Runes recently. I almost went to a psychic fair but my parents wouldnt have let me gone since none of my friends would have wanted to go and they wouldn't take me, which was fair enough. But this does quite interest me, I'm not one for predestiny because i believe you make your own mind up, but then i do believe in fate? I'm not sure what i think of Tarot readers, I'd love to be able to go to one in the future, then id see from there. I cant really make my mind up what i think, since ive never had one done. We shall see.
Amy, it sounds like you are in a bit of a quandary concerning whether or not you should go to a tarot reader.
Too bad I don't live by you so I could give you a Tarot reading for free. I never charged anyone.
I would recommend you find someone trustworthy to do one for you for free, or for at least a reduced price. And do it just once for fun.
I have met several readers in my day, and I find most of them to be sincere. Although I feel that they may be a little delusional when it comes to
how they interpret things (that they are psychic or that the cards are somehow magical), I feel that many do want to help people.
Of course there are charlatans out there who just want money, so be careful.
Whatever you do, don't take what they say to heart. Take it as a bit of guidance.
I also learned the runes as well as the I Ching. My favorite was always Tarot. I have a large collection of packs, and so far no demons have carried me off.

LegendofJoe

I would not worry too much about what the Wiccan said concerning your lifeline.
Don't let it cast a little black cloud above your head.

Myrddin

I figure that the lines on your hands are just that; lines on your hands. It was only our early ancestors that tried to bring meaning to them and name each one. Really, they're just just like our fingerprints, as they vary from person to person defining each individual as they are different on everyone.

Nadai

Correction: According to the Bible. And where does all Earth's magic come from anyways? Not all spells are evil, therefore, not all of it can be Satanic. And if just some of Earth's magic is not Satanic, then where does that magic come from?
The Bible is God's word...at least that's how I learned it. And all magic is a sin, again, according to God's word which is the Bible. To Him, any magic that does not come from him is sinful and, thus, evil.

Nadai

I would not worry too much about what the Wiccan said concerning your lifeline.
Don't let it cast a little black cloud above your head.
Actually she taught me to read my lines, but I read my own life-line. And thank you, I haven't. Nothing is set in stone and I live my life, not according to what I read on my hands or from stars or dreams, but by what I know and feel.

Nadai

The Bible, God's Word, says in Leviticus 19:26-31 "Do not practice sorcery...Do not turn to mediums or seek out spirits for you will be defiled by them." In chapter 20 verse 6 it says, "I will turn my face against those who turn to mediums and spirits to prostitute himself by following them, and I will cut him from his people." Verse 27 says, "A man or woman who is a medium among you must be put to death. You are to stone them: their blood will be on their own heads."
...That was God's word and His Law.

Amy, it sounds like you are in a bit of a quandary concerning whether or not you should go to a tarot reader.
Too bad I don't live by you so I could give you a Tarot reading for free. I never charged anyone.
I would recommend you find someone trustworthy to do one for you for free, or for at least a reduced price. And do it just once for fun.
I have met several readers in my day, and I find most of them to be sincere. Although I feel that they may be a little delusional when it comes to
how they interpret things (that they are psychic or that the cards are somehow magical), I feel that many do want to help people.
Of course there are charlatans out there who just want money, so be careful.
Whatever you do, don't take what they say to heart. Take it as a bit of guidance.
I also learned the runes as well as the I Ching. My favorite was always Tarot. I have a large collection of packs, and so far no demons have carried me off.
Yeah, I'm debating to go to one. I think it would be interesting, just to see what would happen. I'd like to learn how to do it one day. I'm just a bit wary of the way they present themselves, like having special 'gifts' to predict people future and life paths, surely anyone can do that? I would only merely take it as guidance and not as anything to follow though. It just interests me, the idea of it all. I brought some runes a while back, they've always interested me, ever since i read a book on them a while back. Too bad my local library has totally changed and cleared out the majority of the books i used to read, id love to get it back out now i understand it all better.

RLynn

....."A man or woman who is a medium among you must be put to death. You are to stone them: their blood will be on their own heads."...That was God's word and His Law.
Under Levitical Law, the same penalty applies to male homosexuals. Maybe they should have stoned witches to death instead of incinerating them. Some Islamic countries still use stoning for capital offenses, such as adultery. (The penalty applies only to women, not men.) It's way beyond disgusting!:mad:
Back on topic... Anyone ever play with a Magic 8-Ball? :)

Nadai

Under Levitical Law, the same penalty applies to male homosexuals. Maybe they should have stoned witches to death instead of incinerating them. Some Islamic countries still use stoning for capital offenses, such as adultery. (The penalty applies only to women, not men.) It's way beyond disgusting!:mad:
Back on topic... Anyone ever play with a Magic 8-Ball? :)
I saw today on the news that a 19 year old girl was stoned to death in her country for competing in beauty pageants... I can't remember where it was, but she was really a beautiful young woman; it was unfortunate.

RLynn

I saw today on the news that a 19 year old girl was stoned to death in her country for competing in beauty pageants... I can't remember where it was, but she was really a beautiful young woman; it was unfortunate.
Atrocities like that make me feel sick.