Has anyone heard this story?

Lucifer

It's not a myth. It's a story about a European male with long blonde hair that is some kind of specialized warrior such as a Templar Knight that somehow gets lost and finds himself on the North American continent and learns how to live with the native people that he encounters. Real Templars and not the ones of fiction had metaphysical training and this man found himself accepted as a medicine man because he could do energy manipulation or magic as some may call it. This person was quite happy living amongst the native people and basically joined the tribe while he remained there.

I am hoping to find this story as being a legend or tale told amongst a native people on the North American continent. So has anyone heard or read anything like this?

jason

empty
I have not heard that legend, but have read about the possibility of the Templar's visiting America. I enjoy reading about the "myths" of what happened to the Templar's after they were disbanded.

Rhonda Tharp

Supposedly the Knights Templar came through what is now Minnesota or Wisconsin in 1362... Thomas Jefferson and other "founding fathers" had heard tales about Knights being assimilated into the Mandan culture. The Mandans had blue eyes and light hair, and their language had some similarities with the Welsh language, pretty cool stuff. Saw it on the History Channel.

Sasquatch

That's a good story. It would be so cool if it could be verified for sure. There are so many of the myths that have been told time and again, you never know if they are true or not. Interesting.

Lucifer

Not long ago I saw a show about a carved rune stone that had been found in the 1800's by a farmer in the Minn. or Wis. areas and he unearthed it from under a tree that was growing on his farm. Everyone thought he carved the piece and called him a liar, well now, they did research on this runic stone tablet and it was carved around the 1300's and was indeed under the ground with tree roots rubbing up against it for years leaving marks in the stone. And some of the runes that were used on it were ones that have a Templar connection specifically and can be traced back to Northern European areas where Templars were buried.

I did not know that about Mandan tribe? I live on the west coast so I have not been exposed to all the different tribes of North America. Does this tribe still exist?

I have no doubts that the Templars escaped from the French and the Roman Catholic church and went to less greedy and back stabbing regions. Perhaps at some point I will be allowed to share some stories concerning the Templars.

Rhonda Tharp

Not long ago I saw a show about a carved rune stone that had been found in the 1800's by a farmer in the Minn. or Wis. areas and he unearthed it from under a tree that was growing on his farm. Everyone thought he carved the piece and called him a liar, well now, they did research on this runic stone tablet and it was carved around the 1300's and was indeed under the ground with tree roots rubbing up against it for years leaving marks in the stone. And some of the runes that were used on it were ones that have a Templar connection

That's the episode I saw, very intriguing. I love stories about the Knights Templar.

Dragonsbreath

Very interesting. I would love to see the stone in person. You know something like that has some type of significance. I'm surprised more news hasn't come out on this.

Lucifer

I personally believe the reason why so many things are not reported or talked about much is because it clashes with someone's belief structure. I suspect that a great deal of history and culture has been hidden or destroyed due to the fact that the individual working with the artifact felt that it did not fall in line with their religious beliefs. There has also been some question about the age of the Sphinx, which Egyptologists have balked at because it would alter things in the field of study and they don't want to have changes.

The idea that the Templars survived and are still amongst us, frightens people because the real Order knows stuff that would shake up the world's perception of history and religion. It is more agreeable for some to believe that Christopher Columbus, a Christian and probably Roman Catholic, discovered the "New World" so that it could be claimed under that banner. Does that make sense? I am unsure if I am explaining that well. There is a lot of evidence that the Norse people came to the North American continent long before Columbus and probably got along with the Native tribes here. Both religious practices of the Northern/Western Europeans and the Native North American tribes have a lot in common, which is something that was never discussed in any of the schooling I have had. And I've got a college degree too. None of this was hinted at. It also would bring up the possibility that the Northern/Westerm European culture was more advanced than what is being taught. I think this idea frightens someone, and it's been scaring them for a long long time.

I think it is really important that when mythologies of other cultures are discussed and researched that the person doing the research does not bring their own religious point of view into the research. Think about it, how many translations have been altered just with a few word changes here and there to suit an ideological need? I am disturbed to just think about that.

Sasquatch

That's certainly true, but isn't that true of every tale? I would think the stories of the Brother's Grimm would be quite different if they had been Celtic or Native American. Think of all of the myths and then think of them from another religious perspective.

Dragonsbreath

Uh, actually no one "discovered" us. We Native Americans have been here a lot longer than anyone else. The thought that anyone could actually "discover" America is funny to me. Why do they think we didn't know where we were? :)

Goddess2u

Well said Dragonsbreath! I don't know why I never thought of it like that before.
This story is very interesting and makes me want to do more research. Lucifer made a comment about things not being reported because they interfere with someones belief structure and I have to agree one hundred percent. I feel like people fear things they don't understand and therefore call it evil.

Rhonda Tharp

Uh, actually no one "discovered" us. We Native Americans have been here a lot longer than anyone else. The thought that anyone could actually "discover" America is funny to me. Why do they think we didn't know where we were? :)
In reference to Columbus "discovering" America, the comedian Chris Rock said it would be like him discovering a car in the parking lot with the keys in it, and he claimed it as his own... What's the difference? LOL

LegendofJoe

As far as I know, the only Europeans who came to the Americas before Columbus were the Vikings under Leif Erikson.
The remains of his settlement is in Newfoundland.

indianaj

Well the only ones we know about, but who knows what desperate soles might have happened upon it when they sailed into the unknown in order to escape some sort of prosecution, Europe was a pretty nasty place in the middle ages and I found it hard to believe that only two expeditions visited the Americas before the 16'th century.