• Comedy

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Romantic Comedy

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Romance

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Myrddin

It may be a type of eel as well, but I was referring to the state of mind as described in Friends.:D Mmhm, Salmon Skinroll.

Lorey

I have such a hard time following musicals, I don't know why... I so wanted to like this one, especially since I am crazy about Johnny Depp, and I loved the looks of his character. But after a few minutes of it, I had to turn it off.

TheLoreman

It may be a type of eel as well, but I was referring to the state of mind as described in Friends.:D Mmhm, Salmon Skinroll.
Ahh. Gotcha. I didn't see many friends episodes.

In ref to MUSICALS... I have a problem with musicals too. My girlfriend, in her attempt to make me a better person, suggested we watch Westside Story together.... Well... It's awful and I think I worked out why I dislike musicals in the process. Basically they tend to be too loud. Often I find they're just too strident, too noisy and too ridiculous. The only musical to date that I've thought had a purpose in being a musical was The Blues Brothers.

Myrddin

Ah, Westside Story. I saw that in stage production form, though I don't really remember anything about it, except that it was awful. I think that maybe I repressed it for that reason.

TheLoreman

Whish I could repress it.
I don't mean to be a sourpuss, but it is just one of those things that rubs me up the wrong way. Fair enough for those that love them though. I should add that I do tolerate the musical numbers in the MARX BROTHERS' films. I just love those guys so much.
:)

Myrddin

I've never seen the Marx Brothers.

Ever seen Grease? 'Cause there's a movie you'd want to repress.

TheLoreman

Funny story. Yes I have but it was under protest.

Basically one of my best friends, who is a woman by the way, urged me to see it when it was having some sort of celebratory retrospective... This must have been ten years or so ago... Anyway I went, I saw, I couldn't believe it! Why in all that is holy do women like this film? What happened to feminism? I could not understand my friend, who is fiercely independent, loving this film. It's herrendous! The upshot of the whole relationship is that Olivia Newton John's character, I can't recall the name, basically has to change and conform to John Travlta's character's perception of what a 'cool/ groovy' chick is before he will accept her! I seriously couldn't believe what I was seeing... Now in fairness the music was maybe the draw with this film, but I'm fair certain there are a number of female fans of this film who secretly wish this would happen to them, and that is why the film is so successful. Because frankly the pollitics are messed up and if they were really observing what this film's underlying subplot hints at they'd reject it out of mere principle.

As for the MARX BROTHERS. If you have the chance try and see one of there films. They are ace. The best are:
Duck Soup
Animal Crackers
Go West
A Day at the Races
Monkey Business
A Night at the Opera - personal favourite
A Night in Casablanca

Myrddin

Thank you for the recmmendations. I will definitely try to see to seeing A Night at the Opera. There's actually a Marilyn Monroe movie called Monkey Business as well, which stars Cary Grant and Ginger Rogers. It is hilarious.

I have not seen any of the Saw movies, nor do I want to. I don't like mindless/senseless gore or violence; not that it makes me cringe so much as I just find it appalling. My favourite director is Tim Burton, though he did disappoint me with Sweeney Todd a bit (some of that mindless gore).
are you kidding sweeny todd is one of my fav movies........tim burton is just awesome!!!!

DarkFolly

My favorite genre of anything is mystery, though in movies mystery isn't always all that interesting (unfortunately). Mystery mixed with something else, though, is normally quite good-- like Clue, a mystery-with-comedy sort of movie.