• Comedy

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Romantic Comedy

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Romance

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Myrddin

I was just curious what everyones favourite genre in film was. From those above, as well as Action, Adventure, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Mystery, and Drama. (My finger slipped. It posted before I was ready, and can not be fixed. Grrrrrrrrrr!)

Frumpy

I love movie of every genre. However, if I was to choose one, my top three are horror (specially paranormal and scifi), fantasy with action like Thor, Clash of the Titans, ect, and Drama. My top three are followed by comedy and romance.

Travis

I have no issue watching movies of any genre, as long as they are good movies. I love epic and colossal movies the most though, especially which are made based on mythology.

Katie

I'm such a girly girl so I went with Romantic Comedy. I love love love romantic comedies, they're such pick-me-ups and they are just enjoyable for me. I cannot watch horror movies mainly because I have a crazy imagination and it would not help me at all if I saw those images :-|

Travis

Katie I like romantic comedy also because my wife loves movies of this genre...well, I think I just get used to the movies. I am not a big fan of horror movies either, except Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Myrddin

My favourite genre is horror, though I do also like both comedy and romantic comedy. Favourite comedy is Wedding Crashers by far; romantic comedy, You've Got Mail. Action and adventure I like as well -- James Bond, Lara Croft. As for horror, I like the new one Insidious, though I own a lot which I watch every now and then. Can't really watch them all the time, otherwise they cease to be scary -- and that's not good.

i love my horror movies....been watching em sence i was born....lol but i love a lot of movies except chick flicks and romance that crap just gags me......

mythlvr

Romantic Comedy is my favorite because when I am getting entertained I want to laugh and be happy. I know others (my entire family) love to be scared but nothing beats a funny happily ever after.

VidaDuerme

Drama/Independent/Foreign/Cult/Speculative-Surreal Horror. I end up watching a lot of obscure foreign films, particularly those by Ingmar Bergman.
I enjoy a lot of the more speculative horror films, and ghost stories, rather than out and out gore. Guillermo Del Toro's films tend to be ones I enjoy a lot, but I loathe anything like Saw. I'm cool with Hellraiser, but can't stand any of the Jason/Freddy movies. I'm picky.

I'm a die hard cult film fan, John Waters has always been one of my favorite directors. For some reason, I have a very large collection of LGBT films. I have no idea why, but they're all very cult. Velvet Goldmine, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Priscilla: Queen of the Desert, To Wong Foo, etc. I'm a bit strange that way.

Myrddin

I have not seen any of the Saw movies, nor do I want to. I don't like mindless/senseless gore or violence; not that it makes me cringe so much as I just find it appalling. My favourite director is Tim Burton, though he did disappoint me with Sweeney Todd a bit (some of that mindless gore).

VidaDuerme

I have not seen any of the Saw movies, nor do I want to. I don't like mindless/senseless gore or violence; not that it makes me cringe so much as I just find it appalling. My favourite director is Tim Burton, though he did disappoint me with Sweeney Todd a bit (some of that mindless gore).
I was disappointed by Sweeney Todd as well, mostly because Burton destroyed it. I have loved the musical since childhood, and was horribly offended at the casting for Mrs. Lovett. Angela Lansbury made that role what it is, and Helena Bonham Carter killed it (in my opinion). I didn't like Depp as Sweeney, either. It felt too much like he was casting his pet actors, instead of the people who were qualified for the role vocally.

Not to be hateful or anything, I'm just a musical theatre geek.

Myrddin

I was disappointed by Sweeney Todd as well, mostly because Burton destroyed it. I have loved the musical since childhood, and was horribly offended at the casting for Mrs. Lovett. Angela Lansbury made that role what it is, and Helena Bonham Carter killed it (in my opinion). I didn't like Depp as Sweeney, either. It felt too much like he was casting his pet actors, instead of the people who were qualified for the role vocally.

I wouldn't say that sounds hateful; I totally agree. I am a big Johnny Depp fan, but he is not a good singer. Tim Burton definitely would have been better off to cast people who actually had good singing voices; being a musical you should be able to enjoy the music. Not cringe at it. I think he has definitely fallen into a pattern of just casting his favourite actors (whether they are really qualified for the role or not). I do like that Johnny Depp is a favourite of his though, since, in general, I like them both, and Johnny Depp always plays his characters well (he is just excellent playing Jack Sparrow in the Pirates films).

VidaDuerme

I wouldn't say that sounds hateful; I totally agree. I am a big Johnny Depp fan, but he is not a good singer. Tim Burton definitely would have been better off to cast people who actually had good singing voices; being a musical you should be able to enjoy the music. Not cringe at it. I think he has definitely fallen into a pattern of just casting his favourite actors (whether they are really qualified for the role or not). I do like that Johnny Depp is a favourite of his though, since, in general, I like them both, and Johnny Depp always plays his characters well (he is just excellent playing Jack Sparrow in the Pirates films).
I find myself enjoying the films that Depp does without Burton more than the combo, at this point. I hate to say this, but it almost feels like Burton has gotten lazy. Some movies just feel like he is throwing in quirk for quirk's sake, rather than doing it to enhance the film. I'm a bit burnt out. I enjoy Depp in the Pirates films, but I am a bit on edge about Stranger Tides. From what I've read, it has little to nothing in common with the book, which is disappointing. I'm sure Depp will be entertaining, I'm just sad that a favorite novel of mine might be torn apart in the process.

Rhonda Tharp

Well hang onto your hats. Depp is collobarating with Burton again for Dark Shadows, and he is finishing his "Rum diary" movie about Hunter S. Thompson, and now it's looking like Armie Hammer will be the Lone Ranger, while Depp will be Tonto. I can't ever get too much Depp! He's also up for a role in Bigelow's Triple Frontier with Tom Hanks.... time shall see :)

VidaDuerme

I'll admit, I'm very excited about Dark Shadows. Please Burton. Don't kill this for me. Hunter S. Thompson is a hero of mine, and I'll list Fear and Loathing as one of my top ten. Any film in that same vein is at least intriguing.

Tom Hanks and I have a love/hate relationship, but nothing compares to my sheer loathing for Nicolas Cage xD At this point, I'm halfway convinced he's funding his own films. I have no idea how he keeps finding employment. Sorry. A bit snarky.

magickz

Its the same for me with movies as it is with music, I tend to like a little of each. There is no way I could just narrow down one genre. I can watch Clockwork Orange then turn around and watch RHPS and then watch something like Shawshank Redemption.

Nadai

I can'

I can't get with musicals, but I did watch Sweeney Todd. Though it freaked me out a bit I still thought it was pretty good, though I couldn't compare it to any other musical since I've never seen any others. I love anything with Jonny Depp even though he's like a 50 year old trapped in a 20 year old's body!

Myrddin

I can't get with musicals, but I did watch Sweeney Todd. Though it freaked me out a bit I still thought it was pretty good, though I couldn't compare it to any other musical since I've never seen any others. I love anything with Jonny Depp even though he's like a 50 year old trapped in a 20 year old's body!
He's 48 next week; don't over-emphasize.

Chicago is a good musical. All the actors can actually sing in that one, and there are some good costumes too.

magickz

I can agree on the note for musicals, though I have told my SO that if we ever do go see a musical there are only two that I might be able to sit through. Les Misérables is one of them (SO's favorite) and the other two are a tossup between Rent & Wicked (the latter deffientaly, even though I am not a musical person).

Nadai

He's 48 next week; don't over-emphasize.

Chicago is a good musical. All the actors can actually sing in that one, and there are some good costumes too.
I heard that was good, but I've never seen it. Maybe one day, if ever I can overcome my hate of musicals, I'll watch it.