Does anyone know more bout cherokee mythology?

i am a melting pot as they call it but the native blood lines that i have are, cherokee and apache and comanche and would love to know more about the history and mythology.....if anyone knows please feel free to teach me.... thanks

Chintai

Your family bloodline sounds interesting. I don't know an awful lot about the three areas you mentioned but this is a good article which outlines the Cherokee mythology. Personally I wish more people would follow this line of thinking.

it did thanks alot...it just sucks i know what im mixed with but none of my family will tell me more....toooo many dark family secrects for me to know...lol

Dragonsbreath

I am a mixture of races but the most of my bloodline includes Cherokee. What would you like to know? I have done a small bit of research and know a little but I would be glad to help.

well me being mixed and my family wont really tell me so i have to go out,and get the info myself!!!!! ummmmmm lets see where does your Cherokee family come from?

Dragonsbreath

Mine come from the Ohio River valleys. Let me tell you the story of why there is illness and death.

A long time ago man and the animals, reptiles and insects of the earth dwelt in peace with each other. Man, however, increased his population until the other residents of the earth felt their lands were being taken away. So each group on their own met, in secret, to discuss this. They all decided that if man did not pay homage to them and thank them for the gift of their life, a different illness according to which animal it was, would happen to the hunter. The plants of the earth heard all of the other residents of the earth's discussions and liking man and feeling sorry for him, decided that each type of plant would make sure they could treat and cure the diseases the animals and other residents of earth had caused. That is why today we have herbal remedies that are good for almost everything. Some of which we are just now discovering again after being forgotten by man. That is also why when we kill an animal for it's meat we say a prayer for their souls and thank them for the gift they have given us.

Mine come from the Ohio River valleys. Let me tell you the story of why there is illness and death.

A long time ago man and the animals, reptiles and insects of the earth dwelt in peace with each other. Man, however, increased his population until the other residents of the earth felt their lands were being taken away. So each group on their own met, in secret, to discuss this. They all decided that if man did not pay homage to them and thank them for the gift of their life, a different illness according to which animal it was, would happen to the hunter. The plants of the earth heard all of the other residents of the earth's discussions and liking man and feeling sorry for him, decided that each type of plant would make sure they could treat and cure the diseases the animals and other residents of earth had caused. That is why today we have herbal remedies that are good for almost everything. Some of which we are just now discovering again after being forgotten by man. That is also why when we kill an animal for it's meat we say a prayer for their souls and thank them for the gift they have given us.

thats an awesome story and it makes sence i <3 it

Dragonsbreath

I'm glad you like it. We have a lot of herbal medications that have been developed just in the last few years from plants and trees. Think of the discovery about cinnamon that helps to stabilize blood sugar.