Do you know any?

magickz

I once dated a person with a step father that was Navajo and he used to tell us the craziest stories but I can not remember any for the life of me now. I am wondering the best place to maybe look up some stories and get a refresher course??

LegendofJoe

The Navajo have a great epic containing many of their stories. It's called Dine Bahane and I read a copy of it years ago.
I don't know if any copies are still in print. The version I have is by Paul G. Zolbrod and published by New Mexico Press.
Track it down...it's worth it!

Olsen

Here is a link to some Navajo folklore tales that I found particularly interesting:
http://www.native-languages.org/navajo-legends.htm
I especially like the story about the boy who became a god. It's fascinating to analyze the Navajo beliefs in the relationship between humans and gods, and how the two categories of beings can morph one into another.

magickz

Thank you for the link. I am still searching all types of sites to try and find the story that I barely remember. I am also thinking of heading down to the local library if I can swing it today (pending works slows down for me).

Willowtree

Sometimes it can be hard to find some of the Native American myths but I think lately people have been putting things on paper (or computer) because they know they are losing much of their heritage when they lose those stories. I shudder to think of what we've already lost to time and carelessness.