Detecting 2-way mirrors

Isis

Have you heard how to detect 2-way mirrors? Touch it with the tip of your finger. If there is a gap between your finger and its reflection, it's a regular mirror, but if not, it's a 2-way mirror.

Does this method actually work?

jerri

The only place I'd ever really need to know about that would be in a police station, meaning I don't ever want to need to know. ;) If they have them in dressing rooms then I really don't want to know.

Myrddin

The only place I'd ever really need to know about that would be in a police station, meaning I don't ever want to need to know. ;) If they have them in dressing rooms then I really don't want to know.
Maybe that's why some store dressing rooms put the mirror on the back of the door. To help abate that fear.:)

Myrddin

Get arrested and try it out on the mirror in the station? ;) I agree with Jerri that if places like dressing rooms had 2-way mirrors, I'd rather not know. That's just creepy.
Exactly. Watch for a cop car, than run a red light or something.;) (Taunt him, and hope for a clean head shot. Oh, wait.)

Olsen

I didn't know about this method. Is there any place to purchase a two-way mirror, and are they expensive? I assume you don't have to get arrested, but rather just go to a police station and ask the officers to allow you to verify this urban legend.

Enertia

What are two way mirrors suppose to do? I have not heard of this legend before. Unless a two way mirror is like a looking glass, like Alice used. A two way mirror might come in handy, if you are on a horrible date.

Myrddin

I actually did test this theory using a small handheld flippable mirror that I have. The method actually does work!

jerri

Myrrdin-is your mirror two-way? By two-way we mean you can watch someone from the other side and all they see is a mirror. A must-have for any cop show.

Myrddin

Myrrdin-is your mirror two-way? By two-way we mean you can watch someone from the other side and all they see is a mirror. A must-have for any cop show.
No, it's not that kind of two-way. Don't worry, I do realize what kind of two-way mirror you're talking about. I guess what I mean is that it works with a double-sided mirror, which I guess really isn't a two-way. Really couldn't say on the mirror/window two-way.