College urban legends

For others here who are currently college students, are there any urban legends about your school? I know there are a lot of colleges that are said to be haunted, but are any specific to your school?

Katie

There's one about the college dormitory of where my best friend studies. There's a flight of stairs with a portrait of Christ and they say that stairway is haunted. People can go around and around the same flight of stairs for hours and pass that exact same portrait every time. Creepy :confused:

greekgoddess31

The college I went to had a haunted dormitory that was torn down shortly before I started there. I think someone died there in the early years of the college back in the 1910's or something. The story goes that even after it was torn down and a new building built to take it's place you can still see the ghost walking through the area.

I just remembered that the college that was near the town I grew up had a college that used to be a mental hospital. The college is California State University Channel Islands. When you drive through the campus it still has bars on the windows. I can only imagine the stories that students there tell each other.

Nadai

I went to a college for women. It was said around the dorms that the school served as a sanitarium when it was first built, but was later turned into a school for girls, I think around the time of one of the world wars. The school was supposedly haunted and the founder of the school actually had an encounter with a supernatural-supposedly she received a severe scar across her face and from then on refused to allow any portraits of herself. She was very ill after a while and either died under mysterious circumstances or commited suicide. What is really creepy is that the beds are hospital beds-bars included-and there was an entire floor of the building in my dorm that was locked off to students because of accidents that had occured with girls who had been up there.
A friend of mine would complain about hearing scratching in her closet in the middle of the night. It became so bad that two of her roomates moved out and she would ask me to spend the night because she was afraid to sleep alone! One day after hearing the entire story behind the school we decided to research for ourselves, but couldn't find any information on the legend. We assumed it was all a hoax when, not thirty minutes into our search, the computer fell off of the desk and broke in half! Needless to say we were terrified and have never looked into it again.
I get creeped out by ghost stories, but I never actually believed in them til that night.

Katie

All-girl college bathrooms are the most popular targets of horror stories in our country. I guess it's because of the cases of abortion and suicide that are reported from those schools. I know of a college that has no mirrors in their bathrooms because they said that in one of the bathrooms one girl hanged herself and when people look in the mirror you can see the legs of someone hanging from the ceiling. Yikes.

Myrddin

All-girl college bathrooms are the most popular targets of horror stories in our country. I guess it's because of the cases of abortion and suicide that are reported from those schools. I know of a college that has no mirrors in their bathrooms because they said that in one of the bathrooms one girl hanged herself and when people look in the mirror you can see the legs of someone hanging from the ceiling. Yikes.
Creepy. *shudder*