Celebrity babies

Nadai

I was just wondering... What's with all the celebrities going overseas and adopting babies? I understand Angelina Jolie's reasoning; she runs into a lot of orphans in her line of work. I can understand the pull a child can have on your heart, even one you just met. But what is with other celebrities going overseas just to bring home a random baby? Are there not enough orphans in America for them to adopt or is it just a new trend like tiny dogs in purses?

Myrddin

I don't know what the deal is, though I suppose they may be thinking that while there are orphans in America there are orphans in even worse cases elsewhere, and maybe they want to help those first? Just thinking over the possibilities of their reasoning. I mean it's bad wherever in the world these children are left without parents, but there are some places which are worse than others.

Isis

I have a friend (non-celebrity) who adopted two girls (ages 5 & 7) from Ethiopia. While it was costly and difficult, I think they felt called to help overseas children first, and while I'm not sure, I think the waiting time is shorter for international adoptions.