Cancer

fibi ducks

does anyone know if there's a link between the illness and the star sign, and the crab?
Also, are there any mythological stories where someone has what we can identify as cancer?

F.D.

Myrddin

I don't know the answer to either of your questions, though I would think that there is some kind of connection between the illness and the star sign. There is no way that that is any kind of coincidence. You have peeked my interest! I shall have to look into it now. :)

E. M.

RLynn

I don't think that there is a mythological or astrological connection. The medical term probably came from the observation that a malignant growth may appear crablike, with roots resembling a crab's legs and pincers.

fibi ducks

I don't think that there is a mythological or astrological connection. The medical term probably came from the observation that a malignant growth may appear crablike, with roots resembling a crab's legs and pincers.
hmm, i think i've seen pictures of skin cancers that were a bit crab body like in surface appearance.

Myrddin

That would imply a connection then -- to astrology at the very least.

E. M.