A family tree of the greek/roman cosmos - wip (large images)

Caelus

I'm working on a fiction project that blends aspects of both Greek and Roman mythos, though it is bias towards the Greek aspects largely. Anyway I've been researching and building family trees for them all as I didn't have any luck finding a decent tree that covered ALL of Chaos's progeny, nor even Gaia's.

I thought I'd post the trees here, to get feedback in case I happen to overlook any areas and to spread the love. Now I must warn you as it's part of my fiction project I have taken a few liberties. I've mixed Roman and latinized Greek names, going with the ones I prefer. I've also made decisive choices on parentage when they were multiple sources. Sometimes I have even changed lineage completely. These cases are few and rare. For the most part these trees should be a good reference to the lineage's of the Gods. I'm still working on it all so I'll post as I go.

I biggest change I remember from this first table (0) is that I made the fates children of Aeon (roman name for Chronos, lord of time) for me this simply made more sense concerning their great power over all the gods.

Table 3.1 - The Storm Gods, very little is off here, btw if you're not recognising the name Caelus, it's the roman name of Uranus. The Elder Kyk's are sometimes said to have had 4 children that Apollo killed in revenge. I couldn't find lineage for them so I assigned on a whim. Aegaeon is an important character, he's got 2 names, men call him Aegaeon and the Gods Briareus according to Homer. He's portrayed as Zeus's bodyguard at times.

Table 3.2 - The Titanes. There are a few Titans missing in the Aurora and Astraeus offspring if I remember correctly, these were largely personifications of wandering stars (planets in our system). I left them out as they don't fit my project. Luna is Eos obviously. The biggest change I can see is that I chose Apollo rather than Zeus to be the father of the Muses with Moneta (Roman version of Memoria), because in my story Zeus is trapped in Tartarus so he never conceived them.

I'm expecting you guys will find a few oversights here, it was a really complex table to research so please let me know if I've forgotten something so that it can be fixed. Iapetus's children made this table impossible to comprehend so I create another table for that branch, many of the listed Oceaniae married into that part of the family.

Table 3.2.3 - The Sons of Iapetus. Little is off here as far as I know. I think Atlas has several Oceaniae wifes so I might have condensed them into one, Aethra.

Table 3.2.2 - The Prime Olympians. Little to explain, I prefer the name's Neptune and Vesta over the Greek versions. If you are wondering why the goddesses Demeter and Hera don't have their own trees, it's because I am keeping branches connected to male progenitors as they seem to have been the most promiscuous, short of Venus.

Table 3.2.1 - The House of Helios. A messy affair that I simplified greatly. Helios is linked to many children but many of them have multiple sources of parentage and so have been largely ignored in his lineage. The Neaera side of the family should be spot on how the Clymene side is slightly more contrived. Klymene is indeed the mother of Phaethon (who've I've included because I see him as a demi-god rather than a mortal king) but the other children who all come from 1 oceaniae mother were not Clymene's children. But then there seem to be several Oceanie's called Clymene, so go figure. For the purposes of simplicity I've put them all as her children. Odysseus gets a mention as the father of Circe's children who won't be listed. What's a quarter god called anyway?

Table 2 - The Children of Pontus and Gaia. I haven't not included Charybdis in this section as I wish to make her a child of Echidna for story purposes. The whole chart is getting ever more complex and whilst making this table I had to update the House of Helios and the Titans branch.

These are the completed tables. I'm also building the following at the moment:

The Telchines (largely be a work of fiction other than the names because there is no source)
The Giantes (largely be a work of fiction other than the names because there is no source)
The Children of Echidna and Typhon

Once those are done all the cross branching first generations will have been completed and the Olympian phase will begin.

Caelus

Updated Titanes, House of Helios and included the completed Children of Pontus and Gaia.

@Dragonrider

Lot's of researching, cross referencing different material (sites and texts). www.theoi.com & wikipedia are my friends.

Caelus

For me it's the opposite, I get very meditative and peaceful when I do things like this. Wikipedia, is quite accurate for the most part due to a stringent community that reviews page changes, though it is also important to cross check your data. Theoi is great because it references its source material down the passages themselves.